[Etoys] Sound tool refactoring and enhancement

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu May 8 04:07:28 EDT 2008

At Mon, 05 May 2008 21:34:07 +0200,
karl wrote:

> I've been slowly working my way through the code of WaveEditor and added
> a few enhancements to GraphMorph and PianoKeyboardMorph as well. Now I'm
> wondering if there is interest to include such work in the Etoy image?

  I haven't looked at them carefully but here is a meta-comment:

  I can't say we would do it right away, and VPRI's basic stance is
that we in general are not going to add so much new features to the
current Etoys.  But, the current Etoys has its own life and should
evolve nonetheless.  We should seek a better organizational support
for the current Etoys system.  Then, it should start moving faster
(again) and it should be easier to integrate more things and clean up
the system in a better way.

-- Yoshiki