[Etoys] Another experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Tue May 13 04:17:19 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 8:04:22 am Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   We've been doing this on and off, but we put together another set of
> files that could be an Etoys system downloaded from squeakland.org as
> the official new version.  This time, it is closer.
>
>   Please download:
>
> http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/Squeakland-OLPC-080512.zip
On Linux, this starts off with a window which is larger than the actual screen
(1024x768). I had to maximize+minimize to get it to fit within the display.

The attached small patch for etoys.sh will enable images to be started on
console also (useful for machines with limited RAM that don't need to run X).
Of course, the framebuffer module should be loaded and the user account must
have permissions to access /dev/fb0 and /dev/psaux.

Subbu