[Etoys] Another Etoys on XO testemonial

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:27:47 EST 2008

Hi Bert,

The cursor control is much improved in releases after build 656 (e.g. in
release 8.2 = build 767). So getting people upgraded off 656 is a quick
win in terms of reducing cursor jumpiness.

That said, there is new hardware coming and we believe it will reduce
the occurrence of this issue even more.

In terms of when the new touchpad will be available, I don't know the
exact date. I believe its a matter of some weeks from now but I don't
have the final word.

BTW, what I'm suggesting on the cursor size is to allow the user to pick
it. In my primitive view, everything in Etoys (or is it Squeak?) can be
changed via tweaking variables (objects?). Make the cursor size and
maybe a variable which is easily accessible and documented and you can
pass the buck to the user :-)

Thanks,

Greg S