[Etoys] Etoys-based activity

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 12 03:41:47 EDT 2009

On April 10, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 10.04.2009, at 07:15, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > On April 9, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > > It could have full Sugar interaction. From time to time I do explain
> > > how to access the Journal from Squeak, that could be used to save/
> >
> > load
> >
> > > state. Same for network collaboration.
> > >
> > > If you are interested we can work on extending the FreeCell activity
> > > together. Like adding Journal save/resume.
> >
> > That would be good - both accessing Journal and network sharing are
> > of interest to me. Journal Save is a good start I think. Step one
> > for me, if you have have some pointers to Squeak code that interacts
> > with Journal so I can look at it first, please let me know. Or
> > comments on steps to start We could document the steps on Wiki if
> > others are interested.
>
> That would be good, yes. First you have to understand how Sugar works.
> Read this, in particular the Datastore section (but skim the rest too):
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API

NIce document, thanks. I will read it and get back in a few days.

In the meantime I installed the FreeCell Activity (does Sugar has any better
way of installing activities than sugar-install-bundle from command line?
there should be some way to install from Browser or a "manager activity").

Running it I realized the Etoys panel (The Stop and Quit and Keep buttons)
already must have some interaction  with Activity API, I will look at that
code too.

> After that, maybe this makes sense:
>
> http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/Saving+to+a+file+in+Sugar

ah I remember seeing this, yes.