[etoys-dev] Wiki Spaces help for new users

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 1 16:20:00 EDT 2009

Hi Fred,

A comment inline:
On July 29, 2009, Frederick Grose wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Milan Zimmermann <
>
> milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > Hi Fred,
> >
> > both
> > http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/development
> > and
> > http://confluence.immuexa.com/display/sq/Development
> >
> > worked for me.  It does not seems like  DNS server you use lost
> > confluence.immuexa.com - perhaps a typo, or maybe the site was on some
> > sort of
> > maintenance - could you try again, and let us know?
> >
> > But in any case, please bookmark the
> >
> > http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/development
> >
> > version
> >

> > Milan

> > appears,

> > > Seems to work for me (but then, I'm not a new user). Note that the
> > > canonical url for the wiki is
> > >
> > > http://wiki.squeakland.org/
> > >
> > > - Bert -
>
> Thanks Bert and Milan!
>
> Timothy Falconer adjusted something that enabled the connection shortly
> after my first post.

ok .. good. Hope you can access consistently now.

> The interface is sufficiently different from MediaWiki that I have some
> more exploring to do.  Is there a wiki primer?

If you are adding to or editing one of the pages, you can use "Rich Text"
which as sort of a WISYWIG editor  a bit annoying but OK. Or use "Wiki Markup"
which has reasonable help on the right...

> It seems  that a new user does not get edit privileges.  Is that by intent,
> or a startup problem I've experienced?

I think you need an account:

http://tracker.squeakland.org

Let me know if you were not able to edit once you login...

milan