Fonts (was Re: [etoys-dev] Wording in Clouds)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 4 16:16:37 EDT 2009

On 04.08.2009, at 06:25, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>  "Deja-Vu" is French

Actually, "Déjà vu" would be French ;)

Anyway, do we have a list of fonts we'd like to ship with in Etoys? So
far only Deja-Vu-LGC has been suggested.

The requirements would be it has to have a license allowing us to
bundle it, and it should add a language/script we could not render
otherwise. The reason to include the fonts instead of relying on
platform fonts would be to ensure projects behaving identically across
platforms.

Looking at the list of translations at

	http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/etoys/

which of these could we render if we had the right font? Not right-to-
left unfortunately, and none requiring qlyph shaping   like Devanagari.