[etoys-dev] popups in project-info

kharness at illinois.edu kharness at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 8 09:57:24 EDT 2009

Good Morning,
Maybe someone could send me a screen print of what we are talking about and I can answer my own questions? Sorry to ask about things so close to the release date but . . .

Is this pop-ups box only going to appear for people who are uploading projects to Squeakland? Or is it the one for every project stored on a local computer?

Will there still be a field for the name of the project in this new system? Will all the fields currently in the save dialogue box still be there and these are only additions. Are they mandatory, will a project save to a local computer with incomplete info?

Why is age being included? Is it to help sort what is of interest/appropriate for that age group and why would we do that, the visitor to the projects will decide what they want to look at no matter their age or the age of the author?  I am picturing myself adding a project of my own and typing in my age

The Etoyslllinois site avoids any mention of age for two reasons, one is to keep private information just that Private. And secondly, we don't need to know the age of the author, as a matter of fact in practice it may mean some 7th graders wouldn't deign to look at sudoku if they knew the author was a first grader and yet the puzzle is good no matter the age.

Is the new Squeakland site going to have a Search function using these terms?

Kathleen
July 5, 1946