[etoys-dev] Two issues with new updates ?

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Aug 24 21:38:51 EDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 25.08.2009, at 00:41, Scott Wallace wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Karl Ramberg wrote:
>>
>>> 2: I can't go back to the previous project. No error message, just
>>> no previous project
>>
>> Please try the attached fix.  The back-to-clouds logic is intended
>> to apply only to the running-in-browser case, but, as you've seen,
>> it was spuriously kicking in when running stand-alone if the
>> current project's parent were the root project.  Thanks, Karl!
>
> Actually the main point was Sugar:
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-165
>
> I'd make it dependent on the presence of the cloud project, and / or
> the etoyFriendly setting. Has not much to do with running in the
> browser really.

Unless I'm missing something, I believe that case of having navigated
directly into the etoys plug-in from a web browser and having
navigated directly into etoys from the sugar journal are the two main
cases where we want the special "back to clouds logic"; in both
situations, there is actually no meaningful "previous project."

So I offer the attached as yet another rev on this issue, which
hopefully now correctly deals with back-button handling in all three
cases -- running-in-sugar, running-in-browser, and running-stand-alone.

   -- Scott