[etoys-dev] Fwd: Etoys-To-Go-4.0.2253-beta slow when a viewer is open

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:45:39 EDT 2009

Actually, commenting one line of the method is a nicer fix. I think it keeps
the expected behavior but it works faster.

spanWorld
"Make the receiver's height and width be harmonious with those of the
container."

| container ht nav |
container _ self pasteUpMorph ifNil: [self currentWorld].
 ht := (nav := ActiveWorld findA: SugarNavTab)
ifNotNil:
[nav height]
 ifNil:
[0].
*"referent height:  (container height - ht)."*
 referent width: (referent width min: container width - self width).
referent top: container top + ht

I don't know why that line is so slow, though.
Cheers. Richo