[etoys-dev] Documentation format.

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Aug 29 08:18:35 EDT 2009

Am 29.08.2009 um 12:58 schrieb Karl Ramberg:

> Hi,
>
> I have used may parts of the system and could write some
> documentation, but I was wondering if we should have a format, or
> style for these ?
>
> Do you have any suggestions or know some prior art/ documentation we
> could be inspired by.

Hi Karl,

I would like to have an Etoys documentation in FLOSS manuals:
  http://en.flossmanuals.net/

There you can find several OLPC & Sugar documents, and I think an
"Etoys Activity" is missing :) I think of a documentation where every
part of the system is described, every tile and every object etc.
I wrote an email last week to someone at FLOSS manuals and I hope they
will prepare what is needed that we can start writing. For now, you
can register at their website and explore what is there. I think it is
a very useful tool and since so many people with XOs are using Etoys,
it might be the right place to put it besides the other sugar and OLPC
documentation. Of course, we can extract .pdf files and put these
wherever we want.
I will send detailed information to the lists as soon as we can start.

Greetings,
Rita