[etoys-dev] Consolidating releases

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Aug 31 13:09:20 EDT 2009

At Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:05:21 +0200,
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I think the Sugar release and Squeakland release are virtually
> indistinguishable now, right? Off the top of my head the only
> difference is the swapControlAndAltKeys preference, which is enabled
> for Sugar but not for Squeakland. But we really should set this to the
> platform default anyway:
>
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-304
>
> Other than for that, do we still need two different release images? Or
> can we simply share the whole image folder now?

  The different is only preferences and currently the following are
the difference (written in #chicago method):

		(sugarNavigator true)
		(swapControlAndAltKeys false)
		(unlimitedPaintArea true)
		(useArtificialSweetenerBar true)
		(usePopUpArrows false)

The navigator's buttons may still have to be different to conform the
Sugar's strange document model.  PopUpArrows is not-so-effective
workaround for the XO's touch pad.  Unlimited paint area can be off.

-- Yoshiki