[etoys-dev] Re: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 1 03:48:39 EST 2009

On November 30, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 30.11.2009, at 11:19, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > No. The changesets should work fine on any XO or Sugar version.
> >
> > #600 is only a problem on XO running Sugar 0.84 (that is, Fedora 11)
> > #604 is a problem on all releases, but only on Fedora 11 you actually get
> > an error
> >
> > Basically I just need an okay from someone to push these to the 4.0
> > update stream. Then I can make a new release and rpm which makes it much
> > easier to test for the others.
> >
> > So if someone thinks these are at least safe to push, please say so ASAP.
> > Time is running out.
>
> Thanks to Milan for reviewing.
>
> I pushed the two change sets, and made a 4.0.2339 release. This should show
>  up in the next os build (49). Also, the rpm is in the usual place:
>
> http://etoys.laptop.org/

Hi Bert:

I tested so far manually by applying the update stream to image located in
current directory:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-600
 worked perfect (added comment to 600)

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-604
 I had an exception "30ca....pr does not exist" when clicking on the
Kaleidoskop from the dot menu, after it ran once. But debugging it I see I may
have done something wrong (hmm, it like 4am too). I wil wait for release 49
and test again tomorrow, and report.

Milan