[etoys-dev] Tile Screenshots

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Dec 8 08:11:43 EST 2009

On 08.12.2009, at 02:07, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> In case the Book Sprinters need some of these:
>
> <en-Rectangle-miscellaneous-stamp.png>...
>
> - Bert -

I've been working with Rita on these automated tile renderings. Tim: do we have a place where we can bulk-upload them?

All: Please, when doing screenshots, do *not* just screen-grab from the Etoys window *unless* you disable Etoys' screen scaling.

Otherwise you get a really blurry snapshot not suitable for publication, like this:

	http://en.flossmanuals.net/floss/pub/Etoys/Tiles/Playfield.Viewer.collections.png

If you compare that to an actual unscaled screenshot (attached below) you'll notice the blurriness.

To take proper screen shots you must disable scaling (choose "display mode" from the world's halo menu). Alternatively, use "export as PNG" which is added to each object's halo menu if you disable the etoysFriendly preference.

Note there is no need to take shots of the tiles and categories. We have these already (even in 6 languages), and Rita is investigating how to upload them all at once to FLOSS manuals.