[etoys-dev] Bug tracking in Linux

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Wed Dec 23 02:40:33 EST 2009

I think we have an important bug regarding the information we convey for
third party Deb or Rpm packagers.

As I reported months ago, the Squeakland download page is very far to be
perfect for a free software packager because it brings *no* information
about the source code. As you may know, each binary package comes with its
source package.
As it is now, it is not clear at all for a thrird party packager where are
the sources.

For an external viewer, it looks like Etoys pretend to be free software but
it is not (source code not there) or it looks like someone want to protect
some asset (Is it a post Sophie trauma?)

I wrote a proposal (far to be perfect) for the download page, but Tim
removed it because of translation issue in the seb server, which I agree
because the way it was rendered was far to be perfect)
While writing the proposal, I also received unfriendly feedback from Berg
for tiny details.

Guys, do you have any problem providing information about the source code?
It is a tiny effort to clarify this situation.

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire