[etoys-dev] Making a Squeakland Etoys release - wiki page questions contibued in new thread

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 24 13:58:04 EST 2009

Thanks Yoshiki.

My first goal is to collect up all known (no matter how dispersed and
haphazard collection) information on how to prepare the various Etoys images
(Sugar, Windows Squeakland, Mac Squeakland) and the installer (restricting on
Windows Squeakland). After I paste info from your reply, this will I think be
close to "most information collected":

http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/Creating+Etoys+Release+for+Squeakland%2C+OLPC%2C+or+Etoys-
to-go

Next goal is to make and document, on the above page, repeatable steps
(perhaps automated through scripts). These steps should actually create images
for Sugar, Windows, Mac, AND the Windows installer.

How far I will get I am not sure. But in the next 3 months my time should be
much more predictable then last 4 months so I hope :) (of course there is also
another Etoys/Sugar thing I started in the summer but left unfinished...)

Thanks for your help,

Milan