[etoys-dev] Grab area tool

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 05:36:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

Attached is a small project that illustrates a tool (GrabArea) for creating
simple sketches without using Paint Tool. Tools like these could be used to
introduce elements of graphic art (form/shape, negative and positive spaces,
composition) to children.

The tool itself is a script button that behaves like Grab Patch or Lasso. I
had to hack grabFloodArea* method to avoid a DNU error. Not sure if this hack
is really required.

The project loads in Etoys 3+ but not in older versions. So I have included a
gif.

Subbu