[etoys-dev] nav-bar toggle and old projects

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Jul 14 20:49:25 EDT 2009

I'm circulating this change-set via the etoys-dev mailing list instead
of posting it on JIRA because JIRA is temporarily not allowing us to
post files...

"Change Set:		navBar-sw-mz-yo
Date:			14 July 2009
Author:			Scott Wallace, Milan Zimmermann, Yoshiki Oshima

Adds a control at topright of screen/window to govern visibility of
the full nav bar.

When opening 'old' projects, the nav bar will now appear in its
collapsed form, at the top-right corner of the screen, to minimize the
chance of obscuring essential content.  The criterion for oldness is:
any project lacking a 'manifest' is considered old, as is any project
whose manifest indicates a version code that is not 'etoys'.

This update is derived from work done under the following two JIRA
items:
	 SQ-154    	 Make it simple to show and hide the toolbar
	 SQ-280    	 Detect the version of a loading project and hide nav bar
if desirable."

   -- Scott