[etoys-dev] Re: [JIRA] Commented: (SQ-154) Make it simple to show and hide the toolbar

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 18 16:58:38 EDT 2009

Thanks Scott.

I tested the latest, looks great, I had one problem but realized it was my
misunderstanding, as I did not fully apply the intended release preparation
steps.

As a result, I have a question: What is the list of steps I need to run to
prepare a Etoys image for Squeakland (and for OLPC) release, starting from
image at http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-4.0.zip. If someone can attach it
here or email me I will put it on the squeakland wiki- thanks.

I think to describe this is important for testers who would test things like
the navigator bar show/hide, scaling and other global things (I am afraid I
tripped over missing a step when testing SQ-154 :( so also asked there).

My assumption is the steps  prepare a Etoys image for Squeakland would be
something like:

1) download etoys 40 from http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-4.0.zip
2) unzip and open etoys-dev-4.0.image
3) click the "load code updates" button
4) in workspace, run ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new
prepareReleaseImageForSqueakland
5) save as etoys.image

but I am (especially) not sure about step 4 - is that the right utility? Also,
before running any of the steps, do I need to set the Etoys window to a
specific size or just use the default?

Thanks, Milan

PS also, where does OLPC image preparation differ... thanks