[etoys-dev] Introductions

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 18 20:26:26 EDT 2009

On July 10, 2009, teefal wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please tell us where you're from, what languages you like, what platforms
> you work with or can test with, and how much you think you'd be able to
> help.

Hi,

My name is Milan Zimmermann. I have used Etoys for many years, (altough not
nearly as much as I would like to). My education is in Physics and Math, with
initial brief work in Physics, I develop and design software, recently (such
as in the last 11 years) mostly in Java, some Smalltalk(Squeak), but also C,
C++ and marginally Python and Scheme. I do some of my work related
presentations and designs in Etoys. Occasionally, some Etoys indoctrination of
my coworkers :) . I like to experiment with Operating Systems, mostly as a
user (BSD, Minix), for day to day operations of my business and life,
OpenSUSE.

As much as time allows, I will try  to help  with Etoys testing, development
and grass root marketing.

Milan

PS: Some notes on Etoys development:

http://confluence.immuexa.com/display/sq/Starting+with+Etoys+Development+-+A+Five+Lines+Summary