[etoys-dev] Re: Need more decimal places (more than 10)

USeITWes etoys-dev-forum at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 20 12:43:24 EDT 2009

Yes, Yoshiki you are right.  He is using a Text and using its numeric value.  I have included the project he made. We cheated a little with the scripts, I showed him a little bit of SmallTalk to get the appropriate value. This was only his  first week using Etoys.

Are there any plans to add the base 10 exponent or better still an equivalent to the "raisedTo:" method into etoys?  Many of the teachers I am working with teach high school math and science and they could sure use that capability. If not, perhaps you can direct me where I could add such a feature in my image.

Wesley Williams[/img]

Wesley Williams
Project Assistant
USeIT Project