[etoys-dev] Re: [JIRA] Commented: (SQ-154) Make it simple to show and hide the toolbar

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 01:59:56 EDT 2009

On Sunday 19 Jul 2009 7:53:51 am Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> 6) save that image to a safe place.
Suggest grabbing buttons for some important or Preferences like etoyFriendly,
simpleMenus, debugHaloHandle, biggerCursors etc before saving. It would be
nice if new preference buttons are placed in the World in the reference dev
image itself.

> 7) copy the image and changes from above to Contents/Resources of
>      Etoys.app or Etoys-To-Go.app and open the image.
>   8) load code updates.
>   9) Evaluate the code in the workspace.
>   10) save as etoys.image

Just a note of caution. In step 8/9, if any updates modify the current
changeset, exportSegmentFileName:directory:withOutInteraction:  will get copy
these into every project saved from this image :-(. Of course, there is a
prompt but children cannot comprehend this message and may choose the option
which saves the changeset.

Suggest a 9.5) Ensure that the current changset is empty. If not, rename it
and create a new empty change set named 'unnamed'. We could gather all these
into ReleaseBuilder as buildFinalImageNamed:andQuit:

Subbu