[Etoys] Stuff to do for Sugar release 0.84

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 31 04:47:16 EDT 2009

On 31.03.2009, at 08:36, Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> On March 27, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > Begin forwarded message:
> > > From: Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>
> > > Date: 27. März 2009 12:00:32 MEZ
> > > To: Sugar Devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
> > > Subject: [Sugar-devel] Bugs are beautiful people (Volume 1)
> > >
> > > We have one week left for our 0.84.2 Release [1]. This is our
> final
> > > update for 0.84.
> > >
> > > [1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release/Roadmap#Schedule
> >
> > I'm curious: who ever tested Etoys in Sugar 0.84?
>
> Just trying to get a setup that will allow me to do that. So far all
> the confusing options failed in a ded end before I could try etoys.
> The closest came SuSE prebuild version http://en.opensuse.org/
> Sugar . but it does not have the Etoys activity, and browser does
> not work to install it.

Simply installing the activity would most likely not work anyway
because it would probably miss the base etoys package. You would have
to install the squeak-vm and etoys rpms (see etoys.laptop.org). They
should work but are not tested on SuSE.

But if you got Sugar 0.84 running this would at least help you getting
a picture of the scale of the changes ...

> Will try again tomorrow, Milan

Thanks :)