[etoys-dev] Re: !! input needed ... priorities for next version

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 11 09:38:02 EST 2009

My top-n:

 SQ-565 (get back performance on XO)
 SQ-134 (support preferences)
 SQ-467, SQ-468, SQ-466, SQ-403, SQ-516 (Mac Plugin/VM fixes)
 SQ-400 (Linux screen refresh problem)
 SQ-283, SQ-229, SQ-278, SQ-309, SQ-105 (support non-latin languages)
 SQ-139, SQ-91, SQ-86, SQ-75(translations: smaller files+context-specific, better fallback, preloading, better comments)
 SQ-60, SQ-297, SQ-59 (translatable QuickGuides and example projects)
 SQ-457 (proxy support)
 SQ-169 (resizable browser plugin window)
 SQ-199 (scriptable Journal)
 SQ-57 (upgrade support)
 SQ-290, SQ-247, SQ-106 (better developer support)

- Bert -

On 10.11.2009, at 20:35, Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Ok, here is 10 from me.
>
> 1.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-324 Include DrGeo
> 2.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-560 Ability to Single Step Scripts
> 3.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-97 Make TimesRepeat tiles not block the whole etoy environment
> 4.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-290 Developer friendly environment
> 5.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-303 Paint palette obscures colors to pick
> 6.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-311 make it easier to use etoys instead of powerpoint
> 7.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-313 send bug to squeakland feature
> 8.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-331 Better keyboard support for games
> 9.http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-500 Scriptor layout not updated
> 10 http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-326 signup within etoys
>
> Karl
>

> On 2009-11-10 06:41, Scott Wallace wrote:
>>
>> Here are my ten:
>>
>> 1.  SQ-128 Make input fields scrollable
>> 2.  SQ-134 Persistent preferences
>> 3.  SQ-139 Ambiguous translation strings
>> 4.  SQ-311 make it easier to use etoys instead of powerpoint
>> 5.  SQ-324 Include DrGeo
>> 6.  SQ-331 Better keyboard support for games
>> 7.  SQ-423 etoys suggestion box
>> 8.  SQ-455 project doesn't paint, except where cursor is (miner lamp bug)
>> 9.  SQ-456 close project tab in firefox, bleeds through to previous tab
>> 10. SQ-461 permalinks for showcase projects
>>

>>   -- Scott
>>

>> On Nov 9, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Timothy Falconer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> At todays Squeakland software meet, we discussed how to prioritize the tasks for the next release, slated for mid-June.
>>>

>>> Here are some criteria that came up.  Choose issues that:
>>>
>>> 1. have high educational value
>>> 2. will enhance collaboration and community
>>> 3. support volunteers that currently have momentum
>>> 4. will inspire new developers to dive in and contribute

>>> 2. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-374
>>> 3. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-114
>>> 4. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-452 (with showcase integration)
>>> 5. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-515