[etoys-dev] Re: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 27 10:29:27 EST 2009

On 27.11.2009, at 15:45, Karl Ramberg wrote:

> On 2009-11-27 13:23, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>> Beside the issue you mentioned bellow I did not see any problem under
>> XO 1 and XO 1.5.
>> IMHO, these fixes are mandatory.
>>
>> Hilaire

Okay, thanks.

> Icons for save and open looks kind of similar on OS46 download for XO1.5
> Both have a down arrow thing going on.

True, but these are the standard Sugar icons for "insert object from Journal" and "keep in Journal". I think it's better to use the same icons as other activities.

> No other issues I would categorize as Etoy issues.

Great :)

Did you try my 4.0.2337 rpm which fixes the drawing speed issue?

Also, here is a trick to do Smalltalk hacking on the XO: simply copy image and changes from /usr/share/etoys to /home/olpc/.sugar/default/org.vpri.EtoysActivity/data and also symlink the sources file. When you launch Etoys, this image will be used, and you can save it as usual.

That's how I made the bug fixes, all on the XO :)

Also, since os45, you can use olpc-update to get new OS versions. This will leave the home directory alone, and is faster too:

	olpc-update f11_xo1.5-46

no driver yet: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9534

> The overall XO1.5 I have is quite unstable with keyboard and mouse
> issues. I have to unplug batteries to get back to a usable system.

Did you upgrade the firmware? A lot of these issues have been fixed.

> And the Frame thing cause quite a few draw issues in Sugar

Yes, the flickering is annoying.