[etoys-dev] Fwd: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 28 22:51:54 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have run and tested etoys on XO 1.5. Except of inability to load an older
project (not sure where I created it), I could not find any Etoys problem.
This was with Etoys 104 (but also with Etoys 112 updated Friday) and default
Sugar OS (not upgraded). I have  not run Etoys from Gnome.

 On Friday I updated Etoys to the latest - I thought there is an Etoys upgrade
problem, until I read Bert's email which said:

" Upgrade your machine to the latest firmware and OS"

I did not upgrade OS and firmware to the latest, just left the version it came
with, maybe that is  why I see this problem (described below).

The problem is that there seems a discrepancy between what "Upgrade" reports
and what is the latest version of Etoys. A few days ago, I went to "My
Settings -> Software Update", Sugar searches and came back with one item:

"Etoys: From version 104 to 112".

When I click on "Install selected", Sugar clearly goes off somewhere, the
progress bar flashes something about downloading and checking, but comes back
to:

"Etoys: From version 104 to 112".

This is stil hapenning no matter how many times I reboot.

However: Going to "/hone/olpc/Activities/Etoys.activity/activity", the
activity.info shows version = 112, not 104 as the message seems to suggest.

Does anyone have the same "false upgrade problem report"?

Milan

PS: I will update to the latests OS and firmware and test again.