[etoys-dev] Fwd: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 29 14:26:36 EST 2009

On November 29, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 29.11.2009, at 04:51, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have run and tested etoys on XO 1.5. Except of inability to load an
> > older project (not sure where I created it), I could not find any Etoys
> > problem. This was with Etoys 104 (but also with Etoys 112 updated Friday)
> > and default Sugar OS (not upgraded). I have  not run Etoys from Gnome.
> >
> > On Friday I updated Etoys to the latest - I thought there is an Etoys
> > upgrade problem, until I read Bert's email which said:
> >
> > " Upgrade your machine to the latest firmware and OS"
> >
> > I did not upgrade OS and firmware to the latest, just left the version it
> > came with, maybe that is  why I see this problem (described below).
> >
> > The problem is that there seems a discrepancy between what "Upgrade"
> > reports and what is the latest version of Etoys. A few days ago, I went
> > to "My Settings -> Software Update", Sugar searches and came back with
> > one item:
> >
> > "Etoys: From version 104 to 112".
> >
> > When I click on "Install selected", Sugar clearly goes off somewhere, the
> > progress bar flashes something about downloading and checking, but comes
> > back to:
> >
> > "Etoys: From version 104 to 112".
> >
> > This is stil hapenning no matter how many times I reboot.
> >
> > However: Going to "/hone/olpc/Activities/Etoys.activity/activity", the
> > activity.info shows version = 112, not 104 as the message seems to
> > suggest.
> >
> > Does anyone have the same "false upgrade problem report"?
>
> Yes, that happened with the preinstalled OS version, and was fixed a couple
>  weeks ago.
>
> These tickets are related:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9459
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9533

Thanks Bert,

Then I will also test SQ-656, 600, and 604. I see 565 is in Etoys-112, but 600
and 604 do not appear to be, is that right?

so I tried to flash to latest ROM v 16 last night, battery in and connected,
but the flash result said "no battery", and the battery light is not on, ven
after I take the battery out. I am letting it drain and see if that changes
someting. Hopefully will be able to update and test again with the latest
OS+firmware, otherwise I will stay with OS that is on in.

Milan