[etoys-dev] Re: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 30 05:19:36 EST 2009

On 30.11.2009, at 07:39, Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> On November 27, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On 27.11.2009, at 13:23, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>>> IMHO, these fixes are mandatory.

>> Can someone review these patches? I need to make new release for the 1.5
>> software ASAP.
>>
>> I'm pretty confident about #600, but the behavior of #604 isn't as
>> clear-cut (though hopefully better than before).
>
> Hi Bert,
>
> There are new etoys based sugar activities, nice ...

Indeed. Kaleidoscope is nice and new. The two games are also nice, but not actually new, they originally come from Potsdam University and were uploaded by a kid from Uruguay:

http://hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/olpc/

> I intent to test 604 but
> did not get too far. Let me just confirm, the "crash" is a problem only on the
> older Sugar verions for XO1, but the 604 changeset should be tested on 1.5 to
> not break something else, correct?

No. The changesets should work fine on any XO or Sugar version.

#600 is only a problem on XO running Sugar 0.84 (that is, Fedora 11)
#604 is a problem on all releases, but only on Fedora 11 you actually get an error

Basically I just need an okay from someone to push these to the 4.0 update stream. Then I can make a new release and rpm which makes it much easier to test for the others.

So if someone thinks these are at least safe to push, please say so ASAP. Time is running out.