[etoys-dev] How to get a nice EToys based development environment?

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Thu Oct 1 04:31:01 EDT 2009

At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:50:42 +0200,
Rita Freudenberg wrote:

> Andreas Raab wrote:
> > Here is a VHLQ (very high-level question): How do people feel about
> > bringing Squeak.org and Etoys together again?
>
> YES!! This is the way to go for the future of Etoys and Squeak! As an
> educator, I would *love* to be able to go on from Etoys down to Squeak
> in teaching, and we do have many children in the world who are now
> learning Etoys in school.

As a consumer of these goodies, I would very much like to see EToys
and Squeak coming together again.  I'm a high school teacher, and
EToys is where I am going to get kids (and other teachers) involved,
and it would be really great to be able to dip into the deeper goodies
of Squeak and find that the the latest and greatest things are easily
accessible.

cheers,
Simon