[etoys-dev] together again

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:13:54 EDT 2009

On Monday 05 Oct 2009 1:01:17 pm Andreas Raab wrote:
> I think this discussion is premature. No plan exists, and these are not
> plausible scenarios since they describe two extremes. The reality will
> be somewhere in the middle.
Andreas,

I feel the critical question is not so much in separating Etoys out into a
module but in the commitment for (reasonable) backward compatibility for all
the projects out there. The former is a question of getting more hands into
Squeak while the latter one is of policy.

Will Etoys be supported as an application module on Squeak or will it be spun
off into an independent fork?

If the policy is to favor an integration as a module, what is the best way to
collect ideas (and work item plans)? mantis? wiki?

Subbu