[etoys-dev] together again

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 6 16:19:03 EDT 2009

On 06.10.2009, at 22:04, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

> Andreas Raab wrote on Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:58:53 -0700
>> * Create the package structure we find in the trunk
>
> This means just moving classes and methods from one category to
> another,
> right?

Yes.

>> * Compute the number of changes between the Etoys image and trunk
>
> As a very crude approximation, I compared the categories in
> SystemOrganization for a Squeak 3.10.2-7179 image and for the
> Etoys-To-Go-4.0.2258-beta image. The first one has 159 categories not
> present in the second, while the Etoys one had 120 categories that are
> missing from the 3.10 image. They have 108 categories in common.

This is partly because the Etoys image did not have Andreas' re-
categorization of 3.8 applied (unlike Croquet for example or 3.9).
Finding and applying that would get us a step closer I think.

> It would be more interesting to look at packages instead, but the
> Etoys
> image lists only two: FlexibleVocabularies and Connectors.

This is just an artifact from how they were loaded initially. They
have not been maintained as packages since.