[etoys-dev] The road ahead

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:21:30 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 07 Oct 2009 6:10:55 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> The majority of our users do not speak English as their first
> language. Having documentation, the Etoys UI, and example content
> translated to their native languages is of utmost importance
One cannot take functional literacy for granted in schools across the globe.
The challenge in documenting a dynamic medium like Etoys for non-English
audience is in moving from a traditional linear textual format to a visual
format. Short video clips (2-3min clips) or screen recordings work much better
than printed text. Children absorb a lot by watching others and imitating
them.

Subbu