[etoys-dev] The road ahead

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Oct 7 17:49:41 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>  Great.  Thanks Bert!
>
>  In regards to my "staying out".  From the beginning of this year, I
> was appointed to serve the software board for one year and is supposed
> to vacant the position at the end of this year.  Its purpose was
> mostly to get more developers to work on Etoys and make the
> transition.
>
>  And, this is a good time.  I see many capable people and actual
> patches are coming.  While there are bug tickets and issues that may
> have been nominally assumed to be mine, there are people who can do it
> (and do it better).  Please attack them without worrying about
> overlapping efforts.

I've agreed to stay on one more year on the Squeakland, Inc. board to
help smooth the transition (though if a more appropriate volunteer
steps forward, I'm quite willing to step down at the end of this year.)

In any case, like Bert and Yoshiki, I intend ("as much as possible")
to stay out of the actual development process from now on.

So... etoy developers of the world:  your moment has arrived!  It's
very gratifying to see that several people have already stepped
forward; may the community grow and flourish!

   -- Scott