[etoys-dev] Re: What about shipping DrGeo in Etoys?

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Sun Sep 6 03:09:11 EDT 2009

2009/9/6 Karl Ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com>:
> On 2009-09-05 23:11, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>>
>> I push a DrGeo ChangeSet in the ticket
>> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-324
>>
>> I agree it may be better to do some testing before final integration
>> in a public release, so depending on the schedule it could mean
>> waiting for the next Etoys release.
>>
>> For example, in the viewer, I saw the drgeo tile category is empty for
>> the DrGeo point items, so some DrGeo code need to be updated to make
>> it working again.
>>

> DrGeoII is so awesome :-)
>
> A bug:
> 'DrGeo new' comes up with the scroll wheels invisible.

Yes, 'DrGeo new' is broken and it is not the way to use DrGeo.

There were mainly two UI for DrGeo:
 1. an interface with flaps containing the various tools
 2. an interface looking more like a PaintMorph without flaps and icon.

I fell the former one does not integrate well to the Etoysish spirit.
With the later one you can mix more easily third party artifacts
within the DrGeo canvas.
>From the later one you can also drag from the Halo Menu tool buttons
and drop them in the canvas. That way a teacher can plug a set of
buttons in the canvas or somewhere else (for example in bookmorph
pages...)

I will remove sooner or later the code with the flaps.

Now you can do 'DrGeo sample openInWorld', this is what does dragging
DrGeo from the part bins.

> I think it would be cool with a full screen new project with 'DrGeo new'

Yes.

I use to compile issue/suggestion there
 https://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=istoa

No authentication required to report.