[etoys-dev] logging into showcase from etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 8 14:11:56 EDT 2009

On 08.09.2009, at 18:47, Timothy Falconer wrote:

> Food for thought . . . I'm leaning towards the "create account"
> hyperlink now.

Keeping as much on the server as possible seems advisable indeed.

The "create account" button would require a way to open a URL in the
user's browser though. There is no such function in Etoys yet.

We could ship the ScratchPlugin, it provides this IIRC. Including it
in Etoys and the Squeak VM has been on the todo list for a while anyway:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-98

Wouldn't work in Sugar though. Maybe the simplest would be a message
like "please go to squeakland.org and click '...' to create an account."