[etoys-dev] Encoding for uploading projects

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Sep 24 11:25:56 EDT 2009

At Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:08:36 +0200,
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Yoshiki,
>
> when Etoys uploads a project to webdav, does it encode the file name
> as UTF-8? Is there perhaps an HTTP or HTML header we must set to
> indicate to the server the filename's encoding?
>
> Even if the Squeakland server cannot handle non-ASCII names for now,
> we should make sure Etoys does the right thing. Maybe someone could
> test with a regular DAV server?
>
> Or can we ignore the issue for this release?

  The filename is in the HTTP encoding, which is correct.  The file
names of the members in the zip file is not standarized; from Europe,
should be latin-1 (need to check what project saving actual does).  If
it is from Japan, it would be ShiftJIS.  So, basically we shouldn't
use the member names.

  The content in the manifest file is UTF-8.

-- Yoshiki