[etoys-dev] Preparing for Monticello-based updates

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 27 07:30:51 EDT 2010

On 27.04.2010, at 05:57, Andreas Raab wrote:

> * Scaling. As much as I understand the desire, is there a way to turn off display scaling and the uber-large cursors? The fonts are simply too hard on my eyes for continuous work.

That's exactly why I would like developers to use the same settings as users. If it's unbearable for us, how can we expect our users to tolerate it?

> * Image saving. At first I tried a "save as" but this complained about not finding the sources/changes file afterwards. How come? Second, saving the image produces a visible flashing which is for some reason completely discomforting - it looks as if there was an error that the system tried to inform me about by the flash.

The flashing comes from using the virtual screen. The display is black at first, then the virtual screen is drawn. It is distracting, yes. Yoshiki tried to reduce it before, but it's still not fully gone, just less pronounced.

The save-as issue I explained before:

Begin forwarded message: