[etoys-dev] Test for DrGeo

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Apr 30 10:29:58 EDT 2010

On 29.04.2010, at 14:23, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Request for test with Etoys Monticello enabled
>
> I have made a lot of change to the drgeo code base: a better user interface, simplification of the interface...
>
> It can be loaded from Monticello
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html
>
> It is still work in progress, and package division is needed
>
> Once loaded in Etoys, to start a DrGeo instance:   DrGeo service openInWorld
>
> Ringing bell...

I tried the latest version (195), it does not load, seems to depend on many Pharo-specifics.

I tried the last version before the big refactoring (155). That worked fine.

Which version do you recommend we try?

If someone else wants to try (assuming you are unfamiliar with Monticello):

* download the Etoys 4.1 developer version from

	http://etoys.squeak.org/download/

* download Hilaire's DrGeoII package v155:

	http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII/DrGeoII-HilaireFernandes.155.mcz

* drop the mcz file into the Etoys-Dev window, a menu pops up, choose "load version"

You can then find DrGeo in the Object Catalog under "Tools".