[etoys-dev] Copying Graphing tools and Speech Bubbles to Inbox

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 23:38:52 EDT 2010

I think you're going to like this version :)
http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/gsoc/NewGraphingTools.002.pr

I still haven't done all the things you told me but I'm getting there. I
finally removed the PointMorph and BarMorph classes. Everything works as
before but you can use now any object as a Point or Bar, you just drop it on
the graph and it gets added to the point/bar list (well... almost any
object, I guess there might be problems with some complex morphs...)

In the case of the bars, I used the object's height as its value and the
object's name as its label, like you suggested. Also, the objects you add to
a graph get a new viewer category for its specific slots. I haven't done the
same for vectors yet but I will do it soon. As I'm thinking it, we will have
three different graphs for bars, points, and vectors. That's the easiest way
I found to distinguish each drop correctly.

I also merged the PointTableMorph and BarTableMorph classes into
TableOfValuesMorph, and I merged a few short viewer categories. What I
haven't done yet is writing the balloon helps and using the holder
vocabulary for the graphs but I wanted to show this at least, which I think
it's much nicer than what I had before. Please comment if you think this is
the right direction. Thanks!

Richo