[etoys-dev] Etoys alpha2 Save Folder problem

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Aug 21 16:14:26 EDT 2010

> Hi,
> This morning I revised one of the Italian QGs PaintIPennelli using the Alpha2 version and saved it. When I tried to copy the revised project from MyDocuments/Etoys folder it was not there. It appears inside of Etoys Alpha2, see screen prints but not inside of Etoys 4.0 and not in MyDocuments/Etoys.
> The attachments show what I see.
> Regards,
> Kathleen

The alpha is a to-go version. It will use a folder named "Etoys" in the same folder as itself. You should find it next to the Etoys-4.1-alpha.app folder.  That means it will not use your MyDocuments/Etoys (unless you move the alpha folder itself to MyDocuments).

If you use Korakurider's windows installer that would use the "correct" Etoys folder in MyDocuments.

Would it have been less baffling if I had named the alpha version "to-go"? I probably should do that.