[etoys-dev] FFI working in Etoys image

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:08:19 EST 2010

Hi guys,

For a while now I have been trying to use FFI on the latest Etoys image, but
something seemed to be broken on the Etoys image. I never took the time to
look at it deeply until today.  I think found the cause of this problem. It
seems the Parser is not parsing external functions correctly. I fixed this
by modifying the last line of Parser>>#externalFunctionDeclaration to add
the pragma for the primitive 120 instead of simply returning 120 (I copied
it from a squeak image). Now it seems to be working correctly and I think it
doesn't have any undesirable side effect, although I'm not 100% sure.
I published the change on etoysinbox. I don't know if somebody finds this
useful but if you think it makes no harm, I'll be happy to move it to
etoys.

Thanks!
Richo