[etoys-dev] Re: Merging Etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Feb 19 08:58:52 EST 2010

On 19.02.2010, at 14:00, karl ramberg wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM, K. K. Subramaniam <subbukk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Friday 19 February 2010 12:36:25 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>> 3.8 was the last common release. That's why Etoys doesn't even have MC. I
>>> think the very first step would be to repackage Etoys, just like Andreas
>>> did with 3.8. Since 3.9 the main line uses MC.
>> Repackage which Etoys? Etoys from Etoys trunk or the Etoys in Squeak trunk?

I meant classify all code in the Etoys image into packages, same names as in trunk.

Then we have two sets of packages - the ones in trunk and the ones in the Etoys image, so we can easily compare them. Then we can gradually modify the Etoys-image packages so they become more like those in the trunk. At the same time, fixes done in Etoys would be applied to the trunk. In the end, the packages will be the same, and we're done.