[etoys-dev] Collaboration for Etoys

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:35:52 EST 2010

Hi,
I have been looking at the NetMorph image and its collaboration tool and
it does what its does quite well.
I have not been able to load the NetMorph package from SqueakMap into
the Etoys image,
there are some conflicts in translation tools I have not figured out yet...

But, before going further with NetMorphs I thought it would be good to
have a idea about what we want the
collaboration tools to achieve.
What should/would the collaboration be like, what kind of environment do
we want to provide.
I think it would be nice if we could build a BookMorph like/Project/Wiki
like environment where we have the full Etoys environment and versioning
per page.

What are the use cases for collaboration ?
- Teacher showing projects to:
     - one student
     - group of students
     - whole class
- Teacher monitoring / eavesdropping / helping ?
     - one student
     - group of students
     - whole class
-Students showing others stuff
     - one student
     - group of students
     - whole class
- Students working on projects together
     - two students
     - group of students
     - whole class

Setting up groups and administrate parts of network.

Here are links to two collaboration systems:

SeeThroughTalk , shared screen development
http://swikis.ddo.jp/SeeThroughTalk
NetMorphs where you send morphs to each other http://swikis.ddo.jp/NetMorph

Karl