[etoys-dev] Re: [Sugar-devel] Etoys: toolbar

Ted Kaehler Ted at vpri.org
Wed Jan 6 16:25:08 EST 2010

Folks,
	I have encountered this problem before.  There is a bitmap
with an icon blended into it with anti-aliasing.  I want to change
the color of the icon.  Just changing the color in place leaves an
edge of the old color where the anti-aliased blending was before.
	The original bitmap was made from layers using an app like
photoshop.  We need to preserve the layers.
	I propose that somewhere on the web we keep the original
layers as separate bitmaps.  Perhaps the bitmap inside Squeak could
have a good name.  Using the name and Google, one could easily find
the files for the layers.  A programmer can go get the layers, and
re-compose them into a new bitmap with different colors.
	We need a convention for naming the layers folder, so Google
can find it.  Something like (Squeak Etoys ToolBarSave icon layers).

--Ted.