[etoys-dev] Re: Collaboration for Etoys

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Jan 7 00:03:59 EST 2010

Karl,

This would be great, as I understand what you are trying to do, it involves
screen sharing and object sharing/communicating across computers.

The ability for a teacher/student to see a 'History" of what they have done
and as an alternative/replacement for Event Theater. Something akin to a
background screen capture that can replay what the user did.  See SQ-571 for
more ideas on what I am looking for.

Also, could NetMorph, also be used to have a "repository" of objects/scripts
that can be pulled into a project?  Similar to Scratch's "choose a new
sprite from  file".  Ideally with some kind of information to let teacher's
know if the student's created the object themselves or got it from a
repository or another student. This would help solve the following problems:

   1. Some students aren't confident in their drawing abilities, so having
   pre-drawn objects would help them (ie: lower the floor). They have a great
   idea, but stop because they feel they can't draw the objects or animations.
   2. I create an object and associated variables/scripts to do something
   (stop all playing sounds, create a bar graph, plot a function, capture
   keyboard input and set variables for game control, define a capture user
   input object and scripts, etc) and want to re-use them in other projects.
   But currently I have to re-open the project or projects and drag them into
   the supplies bin each time to "copy" them between projects.

Thanks,

Stephen