[etoys-dev] Video - Etoys on iPad

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 09:44:15 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2010 8:02:55 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Would anyone mind if I commit the touch-related changes to the main
> repository? This is work in progress, but it's not big, and should not
> interfere with normal operation. Having it in the regular image would make
> it easier to maintain. Also, I hope we can focus on improving the UI for
> touch in next year's release (as you know, OLPC is planning to build a
> tablet computer).
Please. The top right button for halo is a good idea. I couldn't watch the
whole video (server busy :-()). Does it work like a sticky key or do you have
to keep it pressed when touching the object to bring out the halo? The former
is easier on young learners but you may have to have it change color to
indicate its 'hot' status. Or one must be able to drag a 'hand' icon from this
key to the object being 'halo'ed.

Nice work, Bert!
Subbu