[etoys-dev] Video - Etoys on iPad

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 17 04:17:10 EDT 2010

In principle, yes. The Wiimote can track at least two points, possibly more. If there was a mechanism to get the movement of those points into Squeak, it could be made to work.

In practice, the software commonly used for the Wiimote board detects only the brightest IR spot, converting its movements to mouse events, to be able to drive regular old mouse-based software.

Morphic (the Squeak UI) was designed to handle multiple pointing devices from the beginning, which made this a lot simpler for me.

I mentioned some more details on my blog:
http://croquetweak.blogspot.com/2010/06/squeak-etoys-on-ipad.html

- Bert -