[etoys-dev] New developer version

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jun 27 19:30:02 EDT 2010

I just uploaded a new developer version to

	http://etoys.squeak.org/download/

It contains just one new changeset (#2379), but as you can see below, that's quite something :)

So this has DrGeo for the first time, and lots (lots!) of fixes. Also, the zip has the new splitted translations, and a compressed sources file.

I also committed all of that to subversion:

	http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/

We're getting close to an alpha release. Thanks to everyone!

Change Set:	 repo1237-bf
Date:	 27 June 2010
Author:	 Bert Freudenberg

Update packages to repository version 1237.

Changes from v1117 of 24 May 2010 to v1237 of 26 June 2010:
--------------------
Added packages: DrGeoII-Core DrGeoII-Etoys
--------------------
System-Richo.17
* Fixed LocaleID>>#displayName

System-Richo.18
* Reverted Project>>#chooseNaturalLanguage to old version. The source is the same, I just want to preserve the version info.

System-Richo.19
* Simple fix for a bug that broke the trash can and saving projects.

System-Richo.20
* Revert my last commit.

System-bf.21
- fix from Squeak Trunk: move compiled preferences to *autogenerated category so that the package does not get dirty

System-bf.22
- store list of languages used in a project in the project manifest (SQ-513)

System-bf.23
- reset hands when loading project (fix for SQ-401)
--------------------
GetText-Richo.4
* Removed unused classes: GetTextExporter and LanguageEditor.
* Renamed GetTextExporter2 to GetTextExported.

GetText-Richo.5
* Fixed #appendStringReceivers:into: to correctly use the default domain when a method doesn't belong to any package.
* Removed all extra information except 'Language-Name' and 'Language-Direction' (both are only exported to default domain po file).

GetText-Richo.6
* Changed String>>#translated to look in all domains if the translation wasn't found.

GetText-Richo.7
* Fixed formatting in two methods.
* Changed #= for #== in String>>translated

GetText-KR.8
+ Fix class comment of GetTextExporter.
+ To modify structure of POs/PO that GetTextExporter creates to:
po/
<lang>/
<domain>.po
templates/
<domain>.pot

GetText-Richo.9
* Changed #translated to return self if the current locale is English.

GetText-Richo.10
* Fixed a stupid mistake in my last commit :P

GetText-Richo.11
* Removed #translated 'optimization' for english locale

GetText-kfr.12
Comment out printing to Transcript
--------------------
Compiler-kfr.3

Fixes jira bug SQ-710
Removal of variable used in a script caused a walkback
--------------------
Etoys-Richo.11
* Textual scripts wasn't working because CompiledMethod>>#decompileString is broken for some cases (I don't know why). Now #decompileString is still broken but textual scripts work.

Etoys-kfr.12
Compute up/down arrow increments in NumberTiles from decimal places

Etoys-kfr.13
Fix the overlap logic in Morph>>overlapsShadowForm:bounds:
Fix for not including self in testing for overlaps i Player>>overlapsAny:
Refactor Player>>overlaps: to use Morph>>overlapsShadowForm:bounds:

Etoys-kfr.14
We must keep a reference to the sound we are playing so we can stop it later...

Etoys-kfr.16
Makes a read only category 'world geometry' that is only visible to the world.

Etoys-kfr.17
Try to fix a problem caused in Etoys-kfr.12 with arrow deltas. All player gettermethods got categorized as variables

Etoys-kfr.18
Try once again to get to changes right. Do not add info to slotInfo, just change it if it's there....

Etoys-kfr.19
Fix again, wrong merge applied ...

Etoys-kfr.20
Fix for http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-500
Scriptor layout not updated

Etoys-kfr.21
Use ScriptEditorMorph>>fixLayout

Etoys-kfr.22
SQ-667
The description states:
scrolledIntoView -- (Morph) when I am scrolled into view in a GeeMailMorph
scrolledOutOfView -- (Morph) when I am scrolled out of view in a GeeMailMorph

Etoys-kfr.23
Trying to solve http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-660
Change Variable Type to 'Patch' throws 'Message Not Understood' error
This fix removes the #Patch slot type for all but KedamaMorphs.
I guess Yoshiki must look at this error for a real fix.

Etoys-kfr.24
SQ-485 Function tile not translated
trnFuncHelp-KR is the proposed patch for translating balloon help

Etoys-kfr.25
SQ-94 Flip operations broken on Etoys

Etoys-kfr.26
empty log message

Etoys-kfr.27
empty log message

Etoys-kfr.28
Flipping fixing

Etoys-kfr.29
Move SketchMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories to Etoys package

Etoys-bf.30
- fix color component accessing (SQ-627)
- move them from WS-Sound package to Etoys package
--------------------
Graphics-Richo.3
* Integrating true type font support by Andreas Raab.

Graphics-Richo.4
* Integrating true type font support by Andreas Raab

Graphics-kfr.5
SQ-597 Animated Gif has several basic bugs
Fix by Jerome Peace
--------------------
Morphic-KR.9
SQ-297: localized QuickGuides contents could be placed in '<imagePath>/locale/<lang>/QuickGuides'. if the directory doesn't exist, fallback to default one '<imagePath>/QuickGuides'

Morphic-KR.10
For SQ-562:
Introduce catalog for QuickGuides to translate display of index and control display order.
+ the catalog file 'catalog.txt' is placed to where QG contents reside
Format is like this:
:NavBar/Navigator <--- categoryName/title of category
PaintBrushes/Brushes <--- guideName/title of guide
PaintColorPalette/Color Palette
Order of guides in some category can be specified in this file.
Titles for categories and guides can be translated.
The file has to be UTF8 encoded.
File name for each guide contents is assumed as <guideName>.sexp.data.gz.
<guideName> should be named only with ascii characters
for portability among various filename encodings.
+ Template of catalog file can be generated by evaluating this:
QuickGuideMorph buildDefaultCatalog.
QuickGuideMorph saveCatalog.
TODO:
+wiki/html/sexp generation functionalities haven't been adopted to this change.
+Buttons on index page are hard coded so aren't affected by translation in catalog.

Morphic-KR.14
For SQ-562:
Introduce index for QuickGuides to translate and control order of guide title in index page.
+ the index file 'index.txt' is placed to where QG contents reside
Format is like this:
:NavBar|Navigator <--- categoryName/title of category
PaintBrushes|Brushes <--- guideName/title of guide
PaintColorPalette|Color Palette
Order of guides in some category can be specified in this file.
Titles for categories and guides can be translated.
The file has to be UTF8 encoded.
File name for each guide contents is assumed as <guideName>.sexp.data.gz.
<guideName> should be named only with ascii characters
for portability among various filename encodings.
+ Template of index file can be generated by evaluating this:
QuickGuideMorph buildDefaultIndex.
QuickGuideMorph saveIndex.
TODO:
+wiki/html/sexp generation functionalities haven't been adopted to this change.
+Buttons on index page are hard coded so aren't affected by translation.
Changes from Morphic-KR.10:
+ teminology change: catalog->index. name of the file was also changed.
+separator in index file.

Morphic-KR.15
For SQ-562:
Introduce index file for QuickGuides to translate and and control order of display of guide titles in index page.
+ the file 'index.txt' is placed to where QG contents reside
Format is like this:
:NavBar|Navigator <--- categoryName|title of category
PaintBrushes|Brushes <--- guideName|title of guide
PaintColorPalette|Color Palette
Order of guides in some category can be specified in this file.
Titles for categories and guides can be translated.
The file has to be UTF8 encoded.
File name for each guide contents is assumed as <guideName>.sexp.data.gz.
<guideName> should be named only with ascii characters
for portability among various filename encodings.
+ Template of the index file can be generated by evaluating this:
QuickGuideMorph buildDefaultIndex.
QuickGuideMorph saveIndex.
TODO:
+wiki/html/sexp generation functionalities haven't been adopted to this change.
+Buttons on index page are hard coded so aren't affected by translation.
Changes from Morphic-KR.10;
+ terminology change: catalog->index; also name of file and related methods were changed
+ separator character is now '|'

Morphic-kfr.16
Adds a Color Palette to the Objects Tool Graphics category. Can be used interactively for picking colors or for random color picking via scripting. The color palette is hard to get hold of as a object otherwise

Morphic-kfr.17
test

Morphic-kfr.18
Display keystroke space as <space> in lastKeystroke

Morphic-kfr.19
When a Holders indicate cursor is true and it's resize to fit is false the cursor will indicate stuff in the Holder outside the bounds of the Holder.

Morphic-kfr.20
SQ-94 Flip operations broken on Etoys

Morphic-kfr.21
Move SketchMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories to Etoys package

Morphic-Richo.22
* Fix for bug: (SQ-719) Can only change a circles diameter to a value less than the current value using width or length tiles

Morphic-Richo.23
* Fixed the comments in Circle>>#width: and #height:

Morphic-bf.24
- like dragging with the right mousebutton, resize if the control key is pressed

Morphic-bf.25
- grow equally in all directions on control-halo-drag

Morphic-bf.26
- fix copying text from lists (SQ-691)

Morphic-bf.27
- fix an ambiguous translation in abandonUnsituatedPlayers (SQ-649)

Morphic-bf.28
- prevent deleting paint palette (SQ-687, fix by Karl Ramberg)

Morphic-bf.29
- clear keyboard interpreter when re-initializing hand (SQ-401)
--------------------
Connectors-kfr.188
Fix the overlap logic in Morph>>overlapsShadowForm:bounds:

Fix for not including self in testing for overlaps i Player>>overlapsAny:

Refactor Player>>overlaps: to use Morph>>overlapsShadowForm:bounds:

Connectors-bf.189
- move overlapsShadowForm:bounds: back to Morphic package
--------------------
Multilingual-KR.6
fix SQ-539 'Cannot copy & paste Japanese external texts on Windows platform'

Multilingual-Richo.7
* Integrating true type font support by Andreas Raab

Multilingual-Richo.8
* Fixed a bug in TTCFont>>#textStyle

Multilingual-Richo.9
* Integrating true type font support by Andreas Raab

Multilingual-Richo.10
* Allows defining new sizes for TrueType fonts.

Multilingual-Richo.11
* Changing to korean locale wasn't installing the font because #isFontAvailable used to return true.
The problem was that 'TextStyle defaultFont fallbackFont fontArray' contained nil at korean's location.

* I believe this was a problem of my image (I don't know how I got into that state) but I think this may be useful anyway.

Multilingual-Richo.12
* Fixed an error in TTCFont. It used to throw an error in #displayString:on:from:to:at:kern:baselineY: when ascent wasn't properly initialized.

Multilingual-bf.13
- use UTF8 clipboard in Latin1 locale on all platforms (fix for SQ-725)
--------------------
MorphicExtras-Richo.4
* The unregister flaps quads error appeared again.
(see http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2010-May/004658.html).
This is not the best fix but at least it lets you finish the update.

MorphicExtras-kfr.5
Magnifyer, Add a test for flexing (changing heading). Increase stepTime to 100 mSec

MorphicExtras-kfr.6
SQ-634
In Book object advanced menu under 'save for later revert' option:
Mark this page to be revertable - change spelling of revertable to revertible.
Mark this entire book to be revertable - change spelling of revertable to revertible.

MorphicExtras-kfr.7
SQ-597 Animated Gif has several basic bugs
Some fixes harvested of Mantis made by Jerome Peace

MorphicExtras-kfr.8
SQ-679 MagnifierMorph menu round is broken

MorphicExtras-bf.9
- prevent deleting paint palette (SQ-687, fix by Karl Ramberg)
--------------------
ReleaseBuilder-Richo.2
* Changed a reference to GetTextExporter2 to GetTextExporter
--------------------
Sound-kfr.2
We must keep a reference to the sound we are playing so we can stop it later...

Sound-kfr.3
Added possibility to compress sounds in the SoundLibrary. Menu option to show compression format of sounds in library.

Sound-kfr.4
Bug fix in SoundLibraryMorph>>soundName

Sound-kfr.5
SQ-698
- Deleting the morph does not stop the process
- If deleted while recording it carries on recording (in the trash-can)

Sound-kfr.6
RecordingControls stop stepping and recording on delete