[etoys-dev] Sugar release and new Etoys translations

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 9 05:02:35 EST 2010

On 09.03.2010, at 03:57, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Monday 08 March 2010 03:55:58 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> The first few entries in the new Hindi translation do not look right to me,
>> these are our "strange" meta-data entries like "Language-Name" and
>> "Linux-Font" which appear to have been translated literally. Could someone
>> have a look please?
> Language-Name looks okay (Bhasha-naama). The correct word for font is lipi but
> it is not unusual to transliterate technical terms from Roman alphabet to
> Devanagari. Since the freeze is in effect, these could be left in for now.

Err, the point is these entries should *not* be translated.

E.g., "Language-Name" should be "Hindi" in Hindi script, CJL suggested हिन्दी or हिंदी. This is how the language name will appear in the language menu - the comments are not stellar but they do say that specifically.

The other entries should be left empty, unless you need to set them specifically to make it work. E.g. Linux-Font should be left empty, or the name of a specific font name to use. Better leave empty.