[etoys-dev] Etoys: System-kfr.4.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun May 2 09:19:54 EDT 2010

On 02.05.2010, at 11:42, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of System to project Etoys:
> http://source.squeak.org/etoys/System-kfr.4.mcz

Yay! :)

And I could just load updates and get it. It's working!

Do we want to remove the question to load the latest packages? Or make it a preference?

> Name: System-kfr.4
> Author: kfr
> Time: 2 May 2010, 1:42:52 pm
> UUID: da25f7c9-3411-2341-adc0-d99de92c51e2
> Ancestors: System-kfr.3
>
> Add preference useLocale to language menu when noviceMode is off.

You need to use #eToyFriendly if this should not appear in a release. The #noviceMode preference is always off in the Etoys image.

> I prefer to use english language and it was a little painful to set this...

What exactly is painful? Once you toggle the preference and save the image, it should stay as it is?

> + ----- Method: Project>>toggleUseLocale (in category 'language') -----
> + toggleUseLocale
> +
> + ^ Preferences setPreference: #useLocale toValue:  ((Preferences useLocale == true) not)

You could use "Preferences togglePreference: #useLocale" here. Also, the "== true" is unnecessary :)