[etoys-dev] Updating from server error

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:41:39 EDT 2010

Hi, I was trying to update my dev image and it throw me some errors I
couldn't resolve. I have my own modified dev image, so I thought my image
has something incompatible... I don't know.
Then I tried using a dev image downloaded from here:
http://etoys.squeak.org/download/Etoys-Dev-4.1.2369.zip and it throw me an
error when loading:

>>> Etoys-bf.3 <<<
- remove unused EToySystem class

The method with trouble was Flaps class>>#unregisteredQuadsWithReceiver:. It
fails with #errorKeyNotFound so I modified the method.

unregisterQuadsWithReceiver: aReceiver
"delete all quads with receiver aReceiver."
self registeredFlapsQuads
 do: [:assoc | assoc value
removeAllSuchThat: [:q | (self environment at: (q
first)*ifAbsent:[Transcript show: q first; cr. nil]
*) = aReceiver ]]

I simply added the "ifAbsent: [...]" part to print the troubling keys and
avoid the error. As a result the update finished ok but now I want to know
if my image is healthy. FYI the keys printed were:

SelectorBrowserprototypicalToolWindow "WTF??"
Scamper
Celeste

Anyway, this might not be important (or you may already know it) but I felt
like telling you.

Best regards,
Richo

P.S.: I just realized you uploaded a newer image to
http://etoys.squeak.org/download/. So I guess I just simply download that
one :)